- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Operations and Planning
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Policies and Procedures
- Section VI - 4.10(A) UMB POLICY ON THE USE OF THE PHYSICAL FACILITIES OF THE UNIVERSITY SYSTEM FOR PUBLIC MEETINGS
FUNCTIONAL AREA OF THE VP-IN-CHARGE: Vice President for Administration and Finance
POLICY CONTACT: Director, Capital Budget and Planning
REQUIRED BY: USM VI-4.10 - Policy on the Use of the Physical Facilities of the University System for Public Meetings
PURPOSE: To establish standards for the use of UMB facilities by campus groups, affiliated organizations, and others.
UMB’s physical facilities may be used by campus groups, affiliated organizations, and other groups. Facilities may be used for public meetings, including political meetings, if proper safeguards are provided to assure the orderly use of the facilities.
Campus groups have first priority; affiliate organizations have second priority; and other groups have lowest priority. In all instances, academic activities take priority over any other activity.
Persons or groups wishing to use a UMB facility must make the request directly to the School or administrative unit responsible for administering the space being requested. Permission to use the facility must be granted by the applicable Dean or Vice President (or designee).
Each Dean or Vice President (or designee) will determine the facilities which he or she administers that can be used by campus groups, affiliated organizations, and other groups; and will establish a set of procedures and charges for use of those spaces.
Users may be charged reasonable fees for the use of facilities to cover costs, including utilities, security, janitorial services, audio-visual and telecommunications support, and other necessary expenses. Annually, the responsible Dean or Vice President (or designee) will establish a fee structure for the use of facilities. The Vice President for Administration and Finance (or designee) is responsible for approving the fee structures.
Permission to use a facility does not imply endorsement of the view or programs of the user by the University of Maryland, Baltimore or the University System of Maryland (USM).
- Academic activities – include those activities that relate to a School’s educational mission, and include classes, class labs, seminars, lectures, and other events sanctioned by a UMB School.
- Campus groups – include UMB Schools, administrative units, student organizations recognized by the Vice President for Academic Affairs or UMB Dean (or designee), UMB student government organizations established under UMB policy, UMB faculty or staff government organizations established by State law or USM/UMB policy, and recognized UMB alumni associations and foundations.
- Affiliate organizations – include the University of Maryland BioPark, USM constituent institutions, the University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC), University of Maryland Faculty Physicians, Inc. (FPI), faculty practice organizations of the Schools of Medicine and Dentistry, the University of Maryland Baltimore Foundation, Inc., and the Baltimore Veterans Administration Medical Center.
Effective Date: December 1, 2015