- Academic Affairs
- Administration and Finance
- Center for Health and Homeland Security
- Center for Information Technology Services
- Communications and Public Affairs
- Development and Alumni Relations
- Government Affairs
- Human Resource Services
- Office of Community Engagement
- Office of the President
- Police and Public Safety
- Research and Development
- University Counsel
Policies and Procedures
- Section II - 1.00(B) UMB POLICY ON CONCERNING SELECTION OF NONTENURE TRACK OR TENURE TRACK FOR FACULTY APPOINTEES
(Approved by the President, January 1992)
Upon appointment or promotion to the Assistant Professor level, or upon appointment at the Associate Professor level, a faculty member will be placed in a tenure track or nontenure track position. The Dean of the appointing school, in consultation with the faculty member and, if applicable, the department chairman, is responsible for choosing the appropriate career track for each new faculty member. In making the choice, the Dean will take into consideration the faculty member's qualifications, experience, and career goals, and the appointing school's academic, research and clinical requirements as well as the school's financial resources.
Nontenure track faculty will not be assured future transfer to tenure track positions. Requests for transfers to tenure track may be considered.
Tenure track faculty who are not promoted and granted tenure within time limits set out in the University System of Maryland Faculty Appointment, Rank and Tenure Policy ordinarily will not be considered further for tenure.